Application to the summer course "Formation of complex molecules in space and on planets - From interstellar clouds to life" is now open. You are eligible
for the course if you are one of the following:
- a Masters or Ph. D. student in a subject
relevant to astrochemistry and astrobiology (chemistry, astronomy, physics, geology,
- a postdoctoral researcher (or in a
similar position) in a field related to astrobiology and your
first Ph. D. in such a field is less than 8 years before the
If you want to apply for the summer
course, please fill in the application form (can be downloaded here as
.doc or .pdf
file) including the following:
- the completed cover page
- a curriculum vitae
- a short motivation letter (why you want to attend the
- a list of your publications
Please send the application form
by e-mail to Wolf Geppert (email@example.com). In the
cover page you are asked to give two scientists as reference. Please
do not send any reference letters, we will contact
them if we need to. If you already have a curriculum vitae and a
publication list, in a .doc or .pdf format, you can also attach them
as seperate files to e-mail.
Deadline for applications is 31 May 2017 23:59 UTC
The organisers will then select the
participants that will be invited to participate the school. Applicants
will be informed about the outcome of the selection in the second half
The following course fees apply (prices in EUR):
Course fees cover
European Astrobiology Campus (EAC) institutions are Stockholm University, Open university and the Universities of Porto, Bordeaux, Tartu, Vilnius, Tallinn, Utrecht, Iceland ant Turku. Eligible and selected participants from EAC institutions are also entitled to a travel refund up to EUR 360,- (dependent on the distance from their home institutions to Tartu).
- Dinners and lunches and coffee breaks from 16 July 2017 evening to 22 July 2017 evening (i.e. also the welcome barbeque and the farewell dinner).
- Served breakfasts for people living at the Hotel Dorpat. For the people at Academus Hostel there exists the possibility to make the own breakfast at the room.
- Excursions and exercises
- Course material